Frequently Asked Question
There are two types of transfers.
- Attended – Call the person to whom you are transferring the call and speak to them before transferring the call.
- Blind – Transfer the cal without speaking to the other party to whom you are transferring the call.
To perform an attended transfer:
1. During an active call, press xfer. The call is placed on hold and a new line is opened to dial the number.
2. Dial number
3. Press xfer after the phone begins to ring, or at any time after the phone is answered.
Unattended (Blind) Transfer
To perform an unattended transfer:
1. During an active call, press the Xfer
2. Enter the number to where you want to transfer the call. The call is transferred with no further action required on your part.
Transferring a Held Call to an Active Call
If you have one call on hold and one active call, you can transfer one of the calls to the other call, connecting the two callers. This is different from a conference call, because you no longer remain part of the call after the transfer.
With one active call and one or more calls on hold, press the xferLx softkey.
If you only have one call on hold, the call is transferred to the active party and you are disconnected.
If you have more than one call on hold, choose the held call you want to transfer by pressing the line button of the call on hold.
Transfer a call to Conference Bridge/Parking Lot
During an active call, press xfer. The call is placed on hold and a new line is opened to dial the parking/conference bridge.
Dial either bridge number
Press xfer – the call is now in the parking/conference bridge
Let the intended person who is to receive the call to pick up bridge number
From any extension dial bridge number (depending on where the person is parked)
You are now connected